Week 26 and the the departing head of the Office of Government Ethics said that the US is pretty close to being a laughingstock at this point.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19, week 20, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24 and week 25.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Another Trump Family Member Going Down As Questions Raised About Ivanka’s Security Clearance (Politicus USA, July 14, 2017)
- Fox News Turns On Trump And Says His White House Is Lying About Russia Scandal (Politicus USA, July 14, 2017)
- Departing Ethics Chief: U.S. Is ‘Close to a Laughingstock’ (New York Times, July 17, 2017)
- Trump: ‘We’ll just let Obamacare fail’ (CNBC, July 18, 2017)
- 3 GOP women were left out of the Senate’s Obamacare repeal effort. They just tanked it. (Vox, July 18, 2017)
- Senate ‘repeal only’ bill would leave 32 million more uninsured, CBO says (Politico, July 19, 2017)
- Dem rep: Stripping war authorization repeal ‘underhanded & undemocratic’ (The Hill, July 19, 2017)
- Trump threatens electoral consequences for senators who oppose health bill (Washington Post, July 19, 2017)
- Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow (Washington Post, July 19, 2017)
- Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions (New York Times, July 19, 2017)
- Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions (Bloomberg, July 20, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Here are the hidden horrors in the Senate GOP’s new Obamacare repeal bill (Los Angeles Times, July 14, 2017)
- Who cares what’s wrong with Donald Trump? What’s wrong with us? (Miami Herald, July 14, 2017)
- Why did Don Jr.’s emails surface? Because Robert Mueller is already changing Washington’s lying ways (Los Angeles Times, July 14, 2017)
- The Trumps and the Truth (Wall Street Journal, July 17, 2017)
- Note to Trump: The president shouldn’t let the health care system fail (CNN, July 18, 2017)
- It’s Time for Jared and Ivanka to Go (Cosmopolitan, July 19, 2017)
- Join TrumpCareTen
- TELL THE FCC: KEEP THE INTERNET FREE (ACLU)
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: STOP TRUMPCARE (Indivisible)
- Republican senators say their phones aren’t ringing to save the ACA, so here’s the contact list (Daily Kos, June 12, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Push Trump off a Cliff Again
- Trump Plays In A Firetruck, And The Photos Don’t Disappoint (Huffington Post, July 17, 2017)
- ‘SNL’ Writer Replies To Donald Trump’s Tweets As If They Were Personal Texts (Huffington Post, July 19, 2017)