Week nine and I’m starting to think the last part of the title of this series needs to be #impeach. Things are getting pretty serious for #45, being investigated by the FBI and Congress. And his meeting with Germany’s chancellor Angela Merkel was nothing less than embarrassing.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7 and week 8.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away.
- White House cites satire column to tout budget (The Hill, Mar. 17, 2017)
- Trump’s proverb, Paul Ryan’s ‘despicable’ pint and other St. Patrick’s Day mishaps (Washington Post, Mar. 18, 2017)
- As Russia Hearings Begin, An Increasingly Desperate Donald Trump Tweets His Innocence (Politicus USA, Mar. 20, 2017)
- All the President’s Lies (New York Times, Mar. 20, 2017)
- Trump Fails To Close Deal On Health Care Repeal (Huffington Post, Mar. 21, 2017)
- Conservatives claim votes to stop GOP Obamacare repeal (Politico, Mar. 22, 2017)
- AP Exclusive: Trump campaign chief linked to Putin interests (AP, Mar. 22, 2017)
- Unanimous Supreme Court overturns a Gorsuch decision … in the middle of his confirmation hearing (Daily Kos, Mar. 22, 2017)
- FBI has info suggesting coordination between Trump aides, Russia: report (The Hill, Mar. 22, 2017)
- The AHCA Would Force New Moms on Medicaid to Find Work 60 Days After Labor (Slate, Mar. 22, 2017)
- Republicans delay House vote to repeal Affordable Care Act (The Guardian, Mar. 23, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Angela Merkel is now the leader of the free world, not Donald Trump (Independent, Feb. 1, 2017)
- Bill Gates: Cutting Foreign Aid Makes America Less Safe (Time, Mar. 17, 2017)
- DONALD TRUMP FINALLY PAYS A PRICE FOR HIS FALSE AND RECKLESS WORDS (New Yorker, Mar. 17, 2017)
- Embarrassingly Sexist Evidence Of How Trump Treats Men And Women Differently (GOOD, Mar. 18, 2017)
- Trump, Working-Class Zero (New York Times, Mar. 18, 2017)
- Donald Trump is Unimpeachable. Here’s Why. (Medium, Mar. 19, 2017)
- Trump did to Merkel what men do to women all the time (The Guardian, Mar. 21, 2017)
- Ivanka Trump’s White House Gig Is an Insult to Working Women (Cosmopolitan, Mar. 21, 2017)
- Republican House Intel Chair Devin Nunes Just May Have Gotten Trump Impeached (Politico, Mar. 22, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast (Huffington Post, Feb. 21, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Redditors Gleefully Spoof Donald Trump’s Awkward Photo-Op With Angela Merkel (Huffington Post, Mar. 18, 2017)
- When Angela Merkel owned Donald Trump – our 10 favourite tweets (The Poke, Mar. 18, 2017)
- Trump wants the border wall to be tall, strong and hot. Smoking hot. (Mashable, Mar. 20, 2017)