Week eight and the press secretary is now using air quotes in press conferences and #45’s “counselor” is referring to microwaves as spy surveillance. Can it get any weirder?
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6 and week 7.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away.
- McCain calls on Trump to clarify wiretapping claim (CNN, Mar. 12, 2017)
- Trump and the Parasitic Presidency (New York Times, Mar. 13, 2017)
- Kellyanne Conway Suggests That Obama Could Have Used Microwaves to Spy on Trump (New York Magazine, Mar. 13, 2017)
- Spicer: Trump didn’t mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping (CNN, Mar. 14, 2017)
- CBO report: 24 million fewer insured by 2026 under GOP health care bill (CNN, Mar. 14, 2017)
- ‘Never Trump’ Republicans join call for select committee to investigate Russia and Trump (Washington Post, Mar. 14, 2017)
- Federal Judge Blocks Trump’s Latest Travel Ban Nationwide (New York Times, Mar. 15, 2017)
- Report: Trump budget will slash the EPA, State Department, Amtrak, Meals on Wheels grants (Vox, Mar. 14, 2017)
- Trump seeks to slash Education Department but make big push for school choice (Washington Post, Mar. 16, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Republicans call Obamacare a ‘failure.’ These 7 charts show they couldn’t be more wrong (Los Angeles Times, Jan. 4, 2017)
- A White House Devoid of Integrity (Time, Jan. 30, 2017)
- The Downfall of Kellyanne Conway (New York Times, Feb. 17, 2017)
- Memo To The Resistance: Label Trump (Huffington Post, Mar. 10, 2017)
- Man In Suit Humping ‘Fearless Girl’ Statue Is Why We Need Feminism (Huffington Post, Mar. 11, 2017)
- Resistbot Turns Your Texts Into Faxes to Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 10, 2017)
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast (Huffington Post, Feb. 21, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Third Month Mania – What is the greatest Trump tweet of all time? (March madness-style brackets from The Daily Show)
- Twitter Hilariously Burns Kellyanne Conway For Microwave Comment (Huffington Post, Mar. 13, 2017)