Week 12 and I’m not sure what to say. Passover began and our press secretary declared Hitler did not use gas on “his own people” at those “Holocaust centers” and Melania ruined Easter. Oh, and there were questionable military strikes in Syria.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10 and week 11.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away.
- Twitter Sues White House Over Unmasking Of Rogue Anti-Trump Account (GOOD, April 6, 2017)
- U.S. strikes Syrian military airfield in first direct assault on Bashar al-Assad’s government (Washington Post, April 7, 2017)
- After Xi Leaves U.S., Chinese Media Assail Strike on Syria (New York Times, April 8, 2017)
- Trump’s Secret Weapon Against Obama’s Legacy (Politico, April 10, 2017)
- WH disputes report Russia knew of chemical attack in Syria beforehand (The Hill, April 10, 2017)
- Trump sued for not releasing White House visitor logs (The Hill, April 10, 2017)
- Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama’s travel spending in 1 year (CNN, April 11, 2017)
- Spicer: Hitler ‘didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons,’ although he sent Jews to ‘the Holocaust center’ (Washington Post, April 11, 2017)
- Anne Frank Center calls for Spicer to be fired (The Hill, April 11, 2017)
- Melania Trump Just Ruined Easter At The White House (Occupy Democrats, April 11, 2017)
- Trump Bucks Tradition Started By Obama–And People Are Furious (Daily Buzz, April 11, 2017)
- Trump Reverses Himself On 6 Major Issues In 2 Days (Huffington Post, April 12, 2017)
- Trump Says He May Freeze Subsidies to the Poor Until Democrats Repeal Obamacare (New York Magazine, April 12, 2017)
- Trump: I told Chinese president about Syria airstrikes over dessert (The Hill, April 12, 2017)
- Spicer apologizes for Hitler comparison: ‘It was a mistake to do that’ (CNN, April 12, 2017)
- Angela Merkel picks hanging out with Obama over hanging out with Trump. Can you blame her? (Mashable, April 12, 2017)
- Trump Gives States The Okay To Defund Planned Parenthood (Huffington Post, April 13, 2017)
- First on CNN: US drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan (CNN, April 13, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Trump’s senseless Syria strikes accomplish nothing (The Guardian, April 6, 2017)
- The First and Only Response to Trump’s Airstrikes Should Be: Let the Refugees In (Slate, April 7, 2017)
- Trump Is About To Find Out Why Obama Avoided Military Intervention In Syria (Huffington Post, April 8, 2017)
- John Oliver explains why Trump’s Syria strike is so dangerous (Mashable, April 10, 2017)
- You’re Not Mad at United Airlines; You’re Mad at America (Paste, April 10, 2017)
- A Politician Accused Of Racism Won’t Apologize For Criticizing Her White Male Colleagues (Bustle, April 11, 2017)
- Prediction prof: Trump will be impeached (Politico, April 13, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast (Huffington Post, Feb. 21, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE 2017 WHITE HOUSE EASTER EGG ROLL (SPONSORED BY THE TRUMP ORGANIZATION) (McSweeney’s, April 12, 2017)