Things out now that we’ve hit week 27: Sean Spicer, transgender people in the military and healthcare (or so it seems.) Not a proud week.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19, week 20, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24, week 25 and week 26.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Spicer exits as Trump shakes up his beleaguered press team (AP News, July 22, 2017)
- Trump: ‘Obamacare is Death’ (NBC News, July 24, 2017)
- Congressman: If female GOP senators were South Texas men, I’d challenge them to a duel (Texas Tribune, July 24, 2017)
- Trump embarrasses himself with wildly inappropriate speech to Boy Scouts (Shareblue, July 24, 2017)
- Trump’s Communications Director Critiques Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ Looks On Live TV (Distractify, July 24, 2017)
- The president of the Boy Scouts needs the Trump administration to approve his mega-merger (Quartz, July 25, 2017)
- Senate rejects ObamaCare repeal, replacement amendment (The Hill, July 25, 2017)
- Trump Says Transgender People Can’t Serve In Military (NPR, July 26, 2017)
- Trump attacks transgender service members (Press Release from National Center for Transgender Equality, July 26, 2017)
- Hatch: ‘Transgender people are people’ (The Hill, July 26, 2017)
- Kristin Beck, transgender Navy SEAL hero: ‘Let’s meet face to face and you tell me I’m not worthy’ (Business Insider, July 26, 2017)
- Health care debate: Senate rejects full Obamacare repeal without replacement (CNN, July 26, 2017)
- Joint Chiefs: No change in transgender policy until Trump sends Pentagon direction (The Hill, July 27, 2017)
Food for Thought
- A Trump Administration Proposal Would Put Clean Drinking Water out of Reach for Millions Around the World (UN Dispatch, July 14, 2017)
- JOHN MCCAIN CANCER IS ‘GODLY JUSTICE’ FOR CHALLENGING TRUMP, ALT-RIGHT CLAIMS (Newsweek, July, 20, 2017)
- Senate Republicans have tolerated Trump’s controversies. His treatment of Sessions is different. (Washington Post, July 26, 2017)
- REPORT LGBT/HIV DISCRIMINATION (ACLU)
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: STOP TRUMPCARE (Indivisible)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- SNL And Melissa McCarthy Bid A Proper Farewell To Sean Spicer (Distractify, July 23, 2017)