Another week, another firing. It’s going to be hard to beat Mooch’s mere 10 days on the job.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19, week 20, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24, week 25, week 26 and week 27.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Donald Trump Endorses Police Brutality In Speech To Cops (Huffington Post, July 28, 2017)
- The Anthony Scaramucci Era Will Be Freakish, Embarrassing and All Too Short (Rolling Stone, July 28, 2017)
- Anthony Scaramucci’s wife files for divorce (Page Six, July 28, 2017)
- McCain casts crucial vote to kill ‘skinny’ ObamaCare repeal (The Hill, July 28, 2017)
- ObamaCare opponent: I’m still on my parents’ insurance (The Hill, July 30, 2017)
- John Kelly, Asserting Authority, Fires Anthony Scaramucci (New York Times, July 31, 2017)
- Bill Browder’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing Could Explain Anthony Scaramucci’s Bizarre Behaviour (Huffington Post, July 31, 2017)
- Court tells EPA to enforce Obama methane pollution rule (The Hill, July 31, 2017)
- Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions (New York Times, August 1, 2017)
- How to earn ‘points’ to come to the US under Trump’s immigration plan (CNN, August 2, 2017)
- Senate bill would allow Mueller to challenge firing in court (The Hill, August 3, 2017)
- ‘This deal will make me look terrible’: Full transcripts of Trump’s calls with Mexico and Australia (Washington Post, August 3, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Behold the Trump boomerang effect (Washington Post, July 30, 2017)
- New Yorker Cartoon Perfectly Illustrates The Hiring Cycle In Trump’s White House (Distractify, July 30, 2017)
- My Party Is in Denial About Donald Trump (Politico, July 31, 2017)
- President Trump is now directly implicated in trying to cover up the Russia scandal (Washington Post, August 1, 2017)
- Here’s the president talking about how surprised he is that some Asian countries are large (Vox, August 1, 2017)
- REPORT LGBT/HIV DISCRIMINATION (ACLU)
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: STOP TRUMPCARE (Indivisible)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Comedians Protest Anthony Scaramucci’s Ouster (New Yorker, July 31, 2017)
- Anthony Scaramucci fired: What else happens in 10 days? (BBC, August 1, 2017)
- Stephen Colbert Gives ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ A Hilarious Update In Farewell To The Mooch (Huffington Post, August 1, 2017)