I think my favorite part of this week – besides seeing #45 look directly into the eclipse – was seeing a resignation letter from the state department’s science envoy with the first letter of each paragraph spelling the word IMPEACH.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19, week 20, week 21, week 22, week 23, week 24, week 25, week 26, week 27, week 28, week 29 and week 30.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club loses its ninth big charity event this week (Washington Post, August 19, 2017)
- Protesters March To The Tune Of ‘Move Trump, Get Out The Way’ (Huffington Post, August 20, 2017)
- Color Of Change Is Attacking Hate Groups At The Source: Their Funding (Fast Company, August 21, 2017)
- Exclusive: Secret Service depletes funds to pay agents because of Trump’s frequent travel, large family (USA Today, August 21, 2017)
- State Dept. science envoy resigns with letter that spells out ‘Impeach’ (The Hill, August 23, 2017)
- Melania Trump thanks Chelsea Clinton for defending Barron (6 ABC, August 23, 2017)
- Clinton wanted to say ‘back up, you creep’ to Trump at debate (The Hill, August 23, 2017)
Food for Thought
- How Charlottesville Looks From Berlin (NPR, August 16, 2017)
- Here’s Why People Are Angry About Tina Fey’s Return To ‘Weekend Update’ (Bustle, August 18, 2017)
- The Brilliance of Tina Fey’s Cake Satire, Explained (Playboy, August 18, 2017)
- The Week When President Trump Resigned (New York Times, August 18, 2017)
- Stop corporate funders of hate groups (Color of Change)
- 6 Tips on Bystander Intervention When You Witness a Racist Attack or Potential Hate Crime (The Mary Sue, January 24, 2017)
- How To Argue That The Charlottesville Violence Is Absolutely Unacceptable (Bustle, August 12, 2017)
- Ten Ways to Fight Hate: A Community Response Guide (Southern Poverty Law Center, August 14, 2017)
- Tell Amazon to drop Breitbart! (Sierra Club)
- REPORT LGBT/HIV DISCRIMINATION (ACLU)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last (lighter) articles and videos.
- Merriam-Webster Steps In After Trump Tells America To ‘Heel’ (Huffington Post, August 19, 2017)
- ‘Finally setting up a blind trust’: Internet loses it after Trump stares directly into the eclipse (Raw Story, August 21, 2017)
- Trump’s Horrific Spelling Reassures Nation That He Cannot Correctly Enter Nuclear Codes (New Yorker, August 21, 2017)