It’s been a relatively quiet week for #45. Kind of a nice change actually.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19, week 20 and week 21.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- German foreign minister goes beyond other US allies to decry ‘nepotism’ of Ivanka Trump role (Independent, April 30, 2017)
- Commerce Department removes gender and sexual orientation from EEO statementComey a New Weapon (The Hill, June 16, 2017)
- Q&A With The ‘Sassy’ Teacher Of The Year About That Fan And Going Viral (NPR, June 16, 2017)
- Six resign from presidential HIV/AIDS council because Trump ‘doesn’t care’ (The Hill, June 17, 2017)
- This Voice of Reason Rises From the Swamp (Bloomberg, June 18, 2017)
- Russia renewed Trump Organization trademarks during election: report (The Hill, June 18, 2017)
- CNN White House Reporter Questions Covering ‘Bizarre’ And ‘Pointless’ Briefings (Huffington Post, June 19, 2017)
- The Better Care Reconciliation Act: the Senate bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, explained (Vox, June 22, 2017)
- Four GOP senators oppose Senate health-care measure in its current form (Washington Post, June 22, 2017)
Food for Thought
- The GOP’s hard, messy options for destroying Trumpism (Washington Post, June 19, 2017)
- STOP TRUMPCARE IN JUNE: ACTION PLAN (Indivisible, June 12, 2017)
- Republican senators say their phones aren’t ringing to save the ACA, so here’s the contact list (Daily Kos, June 12, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- President Trump Orders the Execution of Five Turkeys Pardoned by Obama (Real New Right Now, January 24, 2017)
- Jared Kushner finally speaks and we cannot unhear it (Mashable, June 19, 2017)