Healthcare is front and center this week. If you haven’t yet, it’s time to call your senator. While the vote on the TrumpCare bill was delayed, it is by no means dead yet.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19, week 20, week 21 and week 22.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault (Washington Post, June 23, 2017)
- With cameras banned, CNN sends sketch artist to White House briefing (CNN, June 24, 2017)
- Trump Appears to Acknowledge Russia Meddled in Election—but Blames Obama (Slate, June 24, 2017)
- Kellyanne Conway Defends Medicaid Cuts, Says Adults Can Always Find Jobs (Huffington Post, June 25, 2017)
- Trump Just Launched Bizarre Attack On Obama In Early Morning Twitter Tantrum (Washington Journal, June 26, 2017)
- Senate Health Bill in Peril as C.B.O. Predicts 22 Million More Uninsured (New York Times, June 26, 2017)
- Collins, King won’t support Senate bill to replace Obamacare (Bangor Daily News, June 26, 2017)
- Supreme Court Orders States to List Same-Sex Parents on Birth Certificates; Gorsuch Dissents (Slate, June 26, 2017)
- Trump creeps on Irish reporter in the Oval Office, and America is so, so sorry (Mashable, June 27, 2017)
- A Time magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. It’s fake. (Washington Post, June 27, 2017)
- Time asks Trump Organization to remove fake cover from golf clubs (The Hill, June 27, 2017)
- EPA chief met with Dow CEO before deciding on pesticide ban (AP News, June 27,2017)
- McConnell delays vote on health care bill until after July 4 recess (CNN, June 27, 2017)
- We Stood Up to the Administration Today Because Free Press is Crucial (Playboy, June 27, 2017)
- White House Refuses To Take Questions From CNN At Blacked Out Briefings As Censorship Worsens (Politicus USA, June 28, 2017)
- GOP senators: Trump attack on MSNBC hosts ‘beneath the dignity’ of his office (The Hill, June 29, 2017)
- Sanders: Trump will fight ‘fire with fire’ (The Hill, June 29, 2017)
- Lawmakers applaud after panel approves language revoking war authority (The Hill, June 29, 2017)
Food for Thought
- The Senate’s Republican Women Could Make or Break the GOP Health Bill (Fortune, June 23, 2017)
- I Don’t Know How To Explain To You That You Should Care About Other People (Huffington Post, June 26, 2017)
- Neil Gorsuch is everything liberals feared—and more. (Slate, June 26, 2017)
- On Senate Health Bill, Trump Falters in the Closer’s Role (New York Times, June 27, 2017)
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH: STOP TRUMPCARE (Indivisible)
- Republican senators say their phones aren’t ringing to save the ACA, so here’s the contact list (Daily Kos, June 12, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Able-Bodied Senior Who Watches TV All Day Receives Free Government Meals (New Yorker, March 19, 2017)
- Everything in the World Is Bad, Except This Dancing Gorilla Who Is So, So Good (June 23, 2017)
- Here’s A Bunch Of Pics Of Justin Trudeau Marching At Toronto Pride Because… Swoon (Huffington Post, June 26, 2017)