Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18, week 19 and week 20.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Trump Hands Comey a New Weapon (Slate, June 9, 2017)
- 7 telling moments in the cable news coverage of Comey’s hearing (Washington Post, June 9, 2017)
- House Intel Committee Demands WH Turn Over All Comey Recordings As Trump Bluff Backfires (Politicus USA, June 9, 2017)
- New York AG’s office investigating Eric Trump’s charity (ABC News, June 9, 2017)
- D.C. and Maryland sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath (Washington Post, June 12, 2017)
- COVFEFE Act would make social media a presidential record (The Hill, June 12, 2017)
- Russian cyberattack on US electoral systems more widespread than revealed: report (The Hill, June 13, 2017)
- Trump makes bizarre claims at press event as Cabinet members take turns praising him (CNBC, June 13, 2017)
- The Senate is about to ram through Trumpcare. This is not a drill; it’s an emergency (LA Times, June 13, 2017)
- How the Republican Coward Caucus is about to sell out its own constituents — in secret (Washington Post, June 13, 2017)
- Senate overwhelmingly passes Russia sanctions deal with new limits on Trump (Politico, June 14, 2017)
- Wounded Congressman In Critical Condition, Will Require Additional Surgery (NPR, June 14, 2017)
- Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say (Washington Post, June 14, 2017)
- Nearly 200 Democrats sue Trump citing emoluments clause violation (The Hill, June 14, 2017)
Food for Thought
- James Comey Is Not a Leaker He is a whistleblower. (Slate, June 9, 2017)
- The Mortification of Jeff Sessions (New York Times, June 13, 2017)
- 6 explosive moments that could still come in Russia probe (Politico, June 14, 2017)
- By one definition, the GOP baseball shooting is the 154th mass shooting this year (Washington Post, June 14, 2017)
- As a prosecutor, Kamala Harris’s doggedness was praised. As a senator, she’s deemed ‘hysterical.’ (June 14, 2017)
- STOP TRUMPCARE IN JUNE: ACTION PLAN (Indivisible, June 12, 2017)
- Republican senators say their phones aren’t ringing to save the ACA, so here’s the contact list (Daily Kos, June 12, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Man Ravaged by Amnesia Somehow Able to Hold Down Demanding Legal Job (New Yorker, June 13, 2017)