I have alerts on my phone from the AP and Washington Post. It buzzed a lot this week. Week 20. Almost of drinking age. Is it over yet?
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 , week 18 and week 19.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Trump Chooses Most Ironic Location in the Entire World for Anti-France Rally (New York Mag, June 3, 2017)
- With his London tweets, Trump embarrasses himself — and America — once again (Washington Post, June 4, 2017)
- President Trump calls his executive order a ban to the delight of the ACLU (Mashable, June 4, 2017)
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump contradicts homeland security secretary (AP, June 5, 2017)
- London mayor calls for cancellation of Trump visit to UK (The Hill, June 5, 2017)
- Report: Russians hacked US voting systems maker just before election (The Hill, June 5, 2017)
- Top intelligence official told associates Trump asked him if he could intervene with Comey on FBI Russia probe (Washington Post, June 6, 2017)
- Trump Foundation funneled $100K in donations into revenue for Trump Organization: report (The Hill, June 6, 2017)
- French President Offers Refugee Status to U.S. Liberals (Polizette, June 6, 2017)
- Trump preparing to actively contest Comey’s testimony: report (The Hill, June 6, 2017)
- Michael Moore launches ‘Trumpileaks’ website for whistleblowers (The Hill, June 6, 2017)
- House Dem drafting articles of impeachment for Trump (The Hill, June 6, 2017)
- Comey Told Sessions: Don’t Leave Me Alone With Trump (New York Times, June 6, 2017)
- DC bar to offer free drinks for every Trump tweet during Comey testimony (The Hill, June 7, 2017)
- Poll: Trump job approval falls to 34 percent (The Hill, June 7, 2017)
- Dems plan to sue Trump over conflicts of interest: report (The Hill, June 7, 2017)
- Statement for the Record (from James B. Comey), Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (June 8, 2017)
- Video and Partial Transcript: James Comey’s Testimony on Capitol Hill (New York Times, June 8, 2017)
- Donald Trump Jr. live tweets response to Comey testimony (CBS News, June 8, 2017)
- How Comey’s story stacks up to Trump’s (New York Times, June 8, 2017)
- Sen. John McCain’s bizarre questioning of Comey (Washington Post, June 8, 2017)
- Five key things said during James Comey’s testimony (Washington Post, June 8, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Enraged: London Mayor, Gabby Giffords, George Takei And Others Decimate Trump (Liberals Unite, June 4, 2017)
- Trump was terrorized by the London attack, while Britain stood firm (Washington Post, June 5, 2017)
- On behalf of the entire news media, Mr. Trump: Please, tweet away (Washington Post, June 6, 2017)
- Kids Are Quoting Trump To Bully Their Classmates And Teachers Don’t Know What To Do About It (Buzzfeed, June 6, 2017)
- Women Say to Comey: Welcome to Our World (New York Times, June 8, 2017)
- The most important Comey takeaway is that congressional Republicans don’t care (Vox, June 8, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Is Melania Trump Getting Federally-Funded Side Peen? (Awesomely Luvvie, June 2, 2017)
- C.D.C.: MILLIONS OF AMERICANS IN AREAS COLORED BLUE WILL BE TOO SICK TO REPORT TO WORK THURSDAY MORNING (New Yorker, June 7, 2017)
- James Comey speaks for all of America: ‘Lordy, I hope there are tapes.’ (Mashable, June 8, 2017)
In case you forgot about how it used to be…