Week 16 and we’ve now added the head of the FBI to the list of people being fired by #45.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14 and week 15.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away.
- Sally Yates just threw the White House under the bus (Washington Post, May 8, 2017)
- A Trump-Friendly Media Company Is About To Get Even Bigger (Huffington Post, May 9, 2017)
- F.B.I. Director James Comey Is Fired by Trump (New York Times, May 9, 2017)
- FBI Director James Comey found out from TV reports that he was fired as he spoke to employees in L.A., thought it was a prank (Daily News, May 9, 2017)
- McCain ‘disappointed’ Trump fired Comey (The Hill, May 9, 2017)
- Trump to meet with Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Wednesday (CNN, May 9, 2017)
- Senate Intel panel asks Treasury for Trump financial info: report (The Hill, May 9, 2017)
- After Trump fired Comey, White House staff scrambled to explain why (Washington Post, May 10, 2017)
- Days Before Firing, Comey Asked for More Resources for Russia Inquiry (New York Times, May 10, 2017)
- McConnell rejects calls for special prosecutor (Politico, May 10, 2017)
- Behind Comey’s firing: An enraged Trump, fuming about Russia (Politico, May 10, 2017)
- Kremlin tweets during closed-door Oval Office meeting with Trump (CBS, May 10, 2017)
- DOJ court filing destroys Trump’s claim that he isn’t under investigation (Shareblue, May 10, 2017)
- Sean Spicer’s Replacement Just Got Nailed With A Federal Complaint (Occupy Democrats, May 10, 2017)
- Trump Casually Throws His Entire Administration Under Bus, Admits Comey Firing Cover Story Was BS (Slate, May 11, 2017)
Food for Thought
- AP Analysis: Trump thrusts US presidency into perilous area (AP, May 10, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
- Twitter Is So Here For Sally Yates Taking Down Condescending Men (Mashable, May 9, 2017)
- Kellyanne Conway Is Back, And Anderson Cooper Is Already Done With Her (Huffington Post, May 10, 2017)
- Twitter Responds Perfectly To Sean Spicer Hiding In Bushes (Huffington Post, May 10, 2017)