Barely over 100 days, and we just may be nearing the beginning of the end. Week seventeen didn’t treat #45 so well. Not that he had that many good weeks. As Dan Rather aptly put it, “and then the dam broke.”
There is so much going on in our country right now. Are you paying attention?
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15 and week 16.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Trump threatens to cancel White House briefings because it is ‘not possible’ for his staff to speak with ‘perfect accuracy’ (Washington Post, May 12, 2017)
- Comey willing to testify, but only in public: report (The Hill, May 13, 2017)
- The End Of Trump (Huffington Post, May 14, 2017)
- Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador (Washington Post, May 15, 2017)
- Paul Ryan might regret having said this about Hillary Clinton (Washington Post, May 15, 2017)
- Another crisis hits the White House after Post story (AP, May 16, 2017)
- Independent senator: Impeachment could be considered (The Hill, May 16, 2017)
- Donald Trump has committed the exact offense that forced Richard Nixon to resign (Vox, May 16, 2017)
- Dem unveils bill to make Trump refund travel costs (The Hill, May 16, 2017)
- Trump Impeachment Talk Grows From Conspiracy Theory To Mainstream (NPR, May 17, 2017)
- Dem Rep. Green calls for Trump impeachment on House floor (FoxNews, May 17, 2017)
- Putin says Trump did not share secrets, willing to give records to Congress (The Hill, May 17, 2017)
- Trump: No politician ‘has been treated worse or more unfairly’ (Politico, May 17, 2017)
- Trump Denies Any Collusion Between His Campaign and Russia (New York Times, May 18, 2017)
- Exclusive: Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians: sources (Reuters, May 18, 2017)
- Read the transcript of the conversation among GOP leaders obtained by The Post (Washington Post, May 18, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Clapper’s remarks constitute the third strike for Trump (Washington Post, May 12, 2017)
- The Republican’s Guide to Presidential Behavior (New York Times, May 13, 2017)
- Trump must be impeached. Here’s why. (Washington Post, May 13, 2017)
- When the World Is Led by a Child (New York Times, May 15, 2017)
- Trump doesn’t embody what’s wrong with Washington. Pence does. (Washington Post, May 15, 2017)
- Fears Over Trump’s Mental State Gaining Traction In The Media (Huffington Post, May 15, 2017)
- HOW RIGHT-WING MEDIA ARE SPINNING TRUMP’S RUSSIA SCANDAL (Vanity Fair, May 16, 2017)
- After the inevitable impeachment of Donald Trump will come President Mike Pence – and it won’t be so bad (Independent, May 17, 2017)
- Jack Welch: Impeachment of Trump would ‘blow the market away’ (CNBC, May 17, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
Don’t Worry, Barack Obama and Joe Biden Are Still Best Friends (Teen Vogue, May 17, 2017)