Please tell me you are paying attention to what’s happening in our country. We are officially the laughing stock of the world. How long will this last?
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17 and week 18.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Exclusive: Trump son-in-law had undisclosed contacts with Russian envoy – sources (Reuters, May 27, 2017)
- U.S. is only holdout on Paris climate pledge at G7 summit (The Hill, May 27, 2017)
- Trump asks world leaders to call him on his cell: report (The Hill, May 30, 2017)
- Trump Administration Moves To Roll Back Birth Control Coverage (Huffington Post, May 30, 2017)
- Trump targets ‘negative press covfefe’ in garbled midnight tweet that becomes worldwide joke (Washington Post, May 31, 2017)
- Trump expected to withdraw from Paris climate agreement (CNN, May 31, 2017)
- Sean Spicer just had the worst possible answer to the “covfefe” question (CNN, May 31, 2017)
- Donald Trump Pulls U.S. Out Of Paris Accord In Crushing Blow To Climate Fight (Huffington Post, June 1, 2017)
- Obama: Trump rejects future by pulling out of Paris climate pact (The Hill, June 1, 2017)
- Trump Paris fallout: Elon Musk steps down from WH councils (The Hill, June 1, 2017)
- The internet roasting Trump is the only good thing about the U.S. dropping from the Paris Agreement (Mashable, June 1, 2017)
- Pittsburgh’s Mayor Just Humiliated Trump For Using His City To Justify Leaving Paris Agreement (Politicus USA, June 1, 2017)
Food for Thought
- President Trump Turned International Diplomacy Into a Fistfight—and Lost (Daily Beast, May 28, 2017)
- REBECCA SOLNIT: THE LONELINESS OF DONALD TRUMP (Literary Hub, May 30, 2017)
- The Bullshitter-in-Chief (Vox, May 30, 2017)
- US Set to Leave the Paris Agreement: Good Riddance (Climate Mama, May 31, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles.
- Spoof Nature Documentary Shows Donald Trump ‘In The Wild’ At NATO Summit (Huffington Post, May 26, 2017)
- The NATO G7 Summit Group Texts We Won’t Get To See (Awesomely Luvvie, May 26, 2017)
- TRUMP SAYS SLEEPING ONLY FOUR HOURS A DAY NOT AFFECTING HIS ABILITY TO CLJJRYFF (New Yorker, May 31, 2017)