Are we still doing this? Week 18 and yet #45 isn’t quite acting like an adult yet.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16 and week 17.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away. Neither can the men and women we elect to represent us.
- Ivanka Trump meets with Saudi women leaders as some activists remain critical (Washington Post, May 21, 2017)
- Trump budget to call for $610 billion in Medicaid cuts (The Hill, May 22, 2017)
- Watch Netanyahu’s face while Trump says he never mentioned “Israel” to the Russians (Vox, May 22, 2017)
- Trump Reflects On ‘Amazing’ Visit To A Holocaust Museum He Barely Visited (Huffington Post, May 23, 2017)
- Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer (New York Times, May 24, 2017)
Food for Thought
- Commentary: If you work for President Trump, it’s time to quit (Chicago Tribune, May 18, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles.
- My First Big Boy Trip By Donald J. Trump (Slate, May 19, 2017)
- Watch Melania Trump Swat Donald Away When He Tries To Hold Her Hand (Huffington Post, May 22, 2017)
- Melania Trump is Still Wack But Her Hand Holding Block Game is Strong (Awesomely Luvvie, May 23, 2017)
- The Pope Meeting The Trumps is All Of Us (Awesomely Luvvie, May 24, 2017)