Well #45 made it to double digits. But not without an extreme amount of controversy, growing accusations of collusion with Russia, nepotism, insulting and irrational behavior, and general delusions of grandeur.
Here’s my weekly roundup of articles, food for thought, ways to take action, ongoing resources and lighter stuff to keep sane. You can take a look back at week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8 and week 9.
As per usual, I hope you will take the time to read and understand what’s going on and then take some action that goes beyond sharing a Facebook post or sending an email. If you have something to add, please do so via a comment.
I will continue to do this for as long as necessary. We can’t look away.
- Donald Trump ‘printed out fake £300bn Nato invoice and handed it to Angela Merkel’ (Independent, Mar. 26, 2017)
- Trump approval hits new low (The Hill, Mar. 27, 2017)
- FACT CHECK: Trump Says Obamacare Is ‘Exploding.’ It’s Not (NPR, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Trump strikes down teacher, school regulations (The Hill, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Criminal Complaint Filed Against Attorney General Jeff Sessions For Obstruction Of Justice (Politicus USA, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Coal executive: Trump ‘can’t bring mining jobs back’ (The Hill, Mar. 27, 2017)
- The new head of the White House Office of American Innovation has never tweeted (Mashable, Mar. 27, 2017)
- White House Announces Jared Kushner Is Now Responsible For Everything (Huffington Post, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Florida Dems to Trump: Cut back Mar-a-Lago visits or pay up (The Hill, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Trump asks why Clintons’ ties to Russia aren’t under investigation (The Hill, Mar. 27, 2017)
- The House just voted to wipe out the FCC’s landmark Internet privacy protections (The Spokesman Review, Mar. 28, 2017)
- Trump Officials Tried To Stop Sally Yates From Testifying On Russia Ties (Huffington Post, Mar. 28, 2017)
- Trump’s business network reached alleged Russian mobsters (USA Today, Mar. 28, 2017)
- Sean Spicer just lectured a woman reporter on her body language (Vox, Mar. 28, 2017)
- Clinton defends April Ryan, Rep. Maxine Waters in speech (The Hill, Mar. 28, 2017)
- Green groups denounce Trump’s ‘all-out assault’ on climate regulations (Yahoo News, Mar. 29, 2017)
- The Words From Rep. Maxine Waters That Bill O’Reilly Didn’t Want You To Hear (Huffington Post, Mar. 29, 2017)
- Trump signs order undoing Obama climate change policies (BBC, Mar. 29, 2017)
- Ivanka Trump’s New Official Job: Special Assistant to the President (US News, Mar. 29, 2017)
- Hillary Clinton is out of the woods and ready to fight (Mashable, Mar. 29, 2017)
- Pence breaks tie in Senate vote on Planned Parenthood funding (Politico, Mar. 30, 2017)
Food for Thought
- What’s Missing From This Photo of Politicians Deciding the Future of Women’s Health? (Mother Jones, Mar. 23, 2017)
- CNN Drops The Hammer On Trump And Tells America That The President’s Words Are Worthless (Politicus USA, Mar. 26, 2017)
- Trump Made The Fatal Mistake That Will Bring Him Down When Tried To Stop Sally Yates (Politicus USA, Mar. 28, 2017)
- Donald Trump Spends Nearly 1 Out of Every 3 Days Visiting a Trump Property and Playing Golf (Daily Kos, Mar. 29, 2017)
- Attend Resistance School
- Facebook Town Hall Feature Lets Users Call and Email Elected Officials (Teen Vogue, Mar. 27, 2017)
- Join SocialStandsWithPP to ensure that women have access to health care services.
- How to find town hall meetings (CNN, Feb. 10, 2017)
- Do These 10 Things, And Trump Will Be Toast (Huffington Post, Feb. 21, 2017)
- Join People Power
- Join the United State of Women
- Make 5 Calls
- Take action on CREDO
- Pay attention to Indivisible’s Action Calendar
- Run for office:
- Dan Rather’s Facebook page
- What The Fuck Just Happened Today?
- Trump Human Rights Tracker
- ACLU Action Page
- New and Guts
- Trump archive
Now stop, take a few breaths and enjoy these last fun articles and videos.
Just 24 Really Funny Tweets About The Health Care Bill Withdrawal (Buzzfeed, Mar. 24, 2017)
This Diagram Shows Nunes’ Conflict Of Interests In Investigating Trump (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert)
The Scrapping Of Internet Privacy: Something We Can All Hate Together (The Late Show with Stephen Colbert)