While my blog gives you a pretty good idea of my writing style, you might want to see where I live outside of this space. This page gives you some examples of my work. (And if you’re still not sure who I am, you might want to visit the About Jennifer page.)
Featured Blog Posts
The another jennifer blog is also part of the BlogHer Publishing Network, the leading cross-platform media network created by, for and with women social media leaders. Following are a few posts that have been featured in the blogosphere.
Another Jennifer Posts Featured or Syndicated on BlogHer
- The Differences Between Raising Kids and Saltwater Fish
- What to do when you wash your iPhone on laundry day
- 7 Tax Tips from the Wife of a CPA
- My name is Jennifer, and I’m a blogger.
- The meaning of philanthropy
- Christmas Music Memories
Featured on the DailyBuzz Moms Top 9
- Working Mom Guilt: Dealing with Sick Children
- Philanthropy Friday: Ending Hunger, One Garden at a Time
- I am not a communist. I just hate pie.
- Best of the another jennifer blog: 2012
- Keeping Global Nutrition on the Table - Published by the USAID Impact Blog and Feed the Future
- Allowing Ourselves to Feel - Part of the New Perspectives Series on the New Approaches Blog
- 6 Life Lessons From Driving the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile – Guest Post on Coach Daddy
- The Misconception About Philanthropy – Guest Post on Fierce Diva Guide to Life
- Fear and Writing – Featured Writer Post on Studio30 Plus
- You’re Doing Something Right – Guest Post on The Mom Cafe
- Writing Your Passion – Guest Post on No Holding Back
- Guest Post: Simple Ways to Give (Every Single Day) - Guest Post on SkinnyScoop
Writing & Consulting Work
My biggest client in the another jennifer writing lab is also my former employer, Crossroads. I’ve been working with them since 2006. I lead a regular marketing / development meeting for them, manage their brand, write their blog, publish their email newsletter, manage their Facebook page, among other things. Check out the links. They’re a pretty great nonprofit organization.
I love to write for my clients. I also love to advise them on how to create their own content and manage it in a way that works for their busy schedules. Much of my consulting work is around social media coaching and gaining an online presence.
Speaking & Teaching
I’ve been invited to speak on the topics of social media, blogging, writing, online marketing, and philanthropy locally, regionally and nationally. Most recently, I was a speaker at BlogHer ’12, held in New York City. I facilitated a workshop in the “writing lab” called Grammar Clinic: How to Identify and Avoid Common Errors.
I’ve worked pretty extensively in the mental health and substance abuse treatment fields in the marketing communications realm since 2004. I’ve presented on the topic of using social media in the behavioral healthcare field at local, regional and national events, including:
- New England School of Best Practices in Addiction Treatment, Waterville Valley, New Hampshire
- OPEN MINDS 2011 Institute for Behavioral Health Informatics, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2012 New England School of Addiction Studies and Prevention Studies, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, Maine
Social Media and Blogging Classes
I also teach social media and blogging classes online and locally in Maine. Below are a few recent examples. Upcoming events can be found on my classes and workshops page.
- How to Write Blog Posts that Build a Community (online)
- How to Write, Grow & Sustain an Effective Blog (Topsham, Maine)
On the Air
While I am a writer at heart, I am not afraid of a camera or microphone. Following are links to a podcast and radio show, where I talked about social media and business, along with a Google Plus Hangout I participated in as a panelist with UNICEF and other Social Good Moms. I also have a YouTube channel.
- U.S. Fund for UNICEF Mother’s Day Roundtable (Topic: Issues affecting women and girls in developing countries)
- The Jim Bouchard Show ”Be a Black Belt Social Media Marketer” (Topic: Using social media to promote your business)
- Mind Your Business Radio (Topic: Social Media for Business)
Wanna work with me? Let’s talk