Each Friday, the another jennifer blog shares stories of those who incorporate philanthropy into their everyday lives – personally and professionally – in a creative and unique way. If you have a story you’d like to share, please contact Jennifer. You can view past posts from the series here.
Since this is the last Philanthropy Friday of the year, I thought it would be fun to reflect on the top philanthropy-related posts on this blog in 2013. When I searched for the posts with the most comments, it wasn’t surprising that some of my good friends and most favorite nonprofits came up. If you missed a few of these, I hope you will go back and read. They are some of my favorite posts as well!
Following are the top 10 most engaging philanthropy posts on anotherjennifer.com in 2013 (with #1 being the most engaging of all):
- Flush for Good: Celebrating World Toilet Day with Awareness and a Giveaway! Clean water for drinking and bathing is a very limited resource that we need to protect. I partnered with American Standard to celebrate World Toilet Day and gave away a $200 Lowe’s giftcard while American Standard donated 20 sanitary toilet pans to a community in need via BRAC USA and WaterAid.
- Saying Goodbye Saying goodbye to my first dog, Kona, was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. My October Giving Pledge donation was to the shelter from which we adopted him.
- Philanthropy Friday: Fresh Air: Open Your Heart and Your Home As my guest blogger for the day, Michelle from A Dish of Daily Life noted, “In the end, Fresh Air is so much more than a summer experience. If our Fresh Air child is ‘lucky’ for having this opportunity, then we are ‘lucky’ too.”
- Philanthropy Friday: Hello…Goodbye: Fostering Shelter Dogs Ilene from The Fierce Diva Guide to Life gives back through fostering dogs. “We are the bridge between the shelter and the permanent home for a dog, most of them narrowly escaping being euthanized at high kill facilities.”
- Philanthropy Friday: Harnessing the Power of Social Good Moms Founded by the amazing Jennifer James, Mom Bloggers for Social Good and the Global Team of 200 is an all volunteer effort, and its voices are being heard all around the world. (And I’m proud to be a member of both.)
- Wordless Wednesday: A Child’s Perspective Sometimes a photo is all you need to tell the story. This one is from View Finder, an organization created to help disadvantaged children discover self-expression, self-confidence and self-worth through photography. (You can read my post about View Finder on pplkind.com.)
- Philanthropy Friday: World Moms Blog World Moms Blog is a collaborative website that writes from over 20 countries on 6 continents about motherhood, culture, human rights and social good. Plus Jen Burden is pretty awesome.
- Philanthropy Friday: Empowered By You Empowered By You is a new luxury lingerie brand created by the Seven Bar Foundation, a nonprofit organization that aims to empower women throughout the globe via microfinance. This is also the first Philanthropy Friday post that made me blush.
- The Power of Dance I’d hate to live in a world where music, dance, art and creativity isn’t a regular part of my life. For my Giving Pledge in June, I tried to give a little back to this community.
- Philanthropy Friday: Feeding Our Kids 7 Day a Week Feeding America’s BackPack Program helps children get nutritious and easy-to-prepare food to keep them fed on the weekends. G and I have a great time volunteering for our local backpack program.
As a bonus, I wanted to share two of my best pieces from 2013 not on this website:
- Five Simple Ways to Shop with a Conscience This Holiday – Published on GOOD.is
- Reframing Philanthropy – Published on Medium