Once we hit November, it seems like we take a nosedive straight into the stressful holiday season.
Buy. Buy. Buy. Spend. Spend. Spend.
We all know about Black Friday and Cyber Tuesday. There’s also Small Business Saturday.
In the season of giving, what if we actually gave back?
This year, on November 27th, #GivingTuesday is being introduced to our calendars.
The goal of #GivingTuesday is to “celebrate giving and incentivize a new conversation about ways to give more, give smarter, and put giving back into the giving season.”
Sounds refreshing, right?
#GivingTuesday is a call to action for us to give while also giving back. A national day of giving during the holiday season to inspire giving every day.
We can do more with our wallets than shop. Retailers have us coming together and shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Tuesday. Let’s get together and give back on #GivingTuesday.
If you need some inspiration, here are some ideas on how to celebrate #GivingTuesday on November 27th:
- Donate or volunteer at your favorite charity
- Ask your friends and family members to give back with you during the holiday season
- Spread the word about #GivingTuesday on social media (you can find all the tools you need here)
- Organize a local toy drive, consignment sale or holiday goods sale to raise money and goods for charity
- If you’re a retailer, partner with shops to donate a portion of sales to a charity on #GivingTuesday
Here are some more ideas
What will you do to give back on #GivingTuesday?
I wrote this post as part of the Global Team of 200, a highly specialized group of Mom Bloggers for Social Good members who focus on maternal health, children, hunger, and women and girls.