I’m lucky enough to have a husband that cooks. While I don’t really enjoy cooking, I have the ability to make my children decent meals during tax season when my husband isn’t around for dinner. (Decent meals include spaghetti and macaroni and cheese, right?)
There are others out there who might be slightly more culinary challenged. For those people, I give you the following recipes.
I saw a post from a Facebook friend the other day that included a link to this recipe for Ice Cubes:
2 cups water (approximately)
2 tablespoons water (additional if needed)
- Empty the ice cubes that are left in the trays (if there are any left) into the bin.
- Take the trays over to the sink and fill them with cold water.
- Place the water filled ice trays back in the freezer.
- Replace the ice bin if you had to remove it.
- Shut the door to the freezer.
2 cups water
1 cup ice cube
- Place water in large enough pot to hold 3 cups without boiling over.
- Add ice cubes.
- Turn burner on high.
- Do not watch pot or it will take forever.
- Do not leave unattended or you will burn the house down.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove pot from burner.
- Turn burner off.
- Use immediately or you will have to repeat recipe.
What is even better than these recipes is the comments on the recipes themselves. (Seriously, there are more than 500 comments.) For example:
This recipe is horrible! Maybe I should have left them in longer than two minutes (the recipe doesn’t say how long to leave them in the freezer so I just kind of guessed) but mine came out all watery. I won’t be making these again.
Oh man, so happy to have this recipe! My grandma died and took the recipe with her. You are a life saver!!
THANK YOU!! my ice maker on my fridge just stopped working, and i missed my ice. I had no idea i could “make” my own. Thank you so much such an amazing recipe!
Made it as per directions. A Little Bland. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was such a great recipe and so simple too. I even doubled the recipe. I know I’ll find many uses for this, thank you for the great post
Great recipe – A family favorite – we have it a couple times a week. The kids love it when I add whole eggs!
Do you have any fun recipes to share?