Back in January, Cynthia at the Withywindle Nature blog nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. I never paid it forward to other bloggers.
Last week, Michelle at Callia’s Corner nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
It’s time to pay it forward. Because, let’s face it, when someone (or more than one) compliments your blog in a public way, that’s pretty darn cool. Michelle noted that my posts make her want to “do something good.” That’s exactly what I want to inspire in people. Yay!
So, a huge thanks to Cynthia and Michelle! (Sorry it has taken so long, Cynthia).
I’ve been reading the Withywindle Nature blog for a while now, and I always learn something. I love reading about Cynthia’s thoughts on being a naturalist and her descriptions of her nature walks. If you care about the environment and love nature, this blog is for you. I overlook the fact that she has a scat collection.
I’ve only recently discovered Callia’s Corner, but I’ve become a regular reader quickly. Michelle cracks me up with her attempt at learning to garden through children’s books and gives me great tips on photography, as she writes about her adventures in learning how to take better pics. She’s got some good DIY tips. I’ll forgive her for being a Yankee fan. For now. 🙂
Like the Versatile Blogger Award, there are some rules that come with winning the Kreativ Blogger Award. The rules differ, depending on which blogs read. Cynthia and Michelle seemed to have different rules applied to their posts.
Essentially, though, the rules are to 1. thank the person that gave you the award (while linking back to their blogs), 2. list a few random things about you, 3. pay it forward to a few blogs by nominating them for the award and 4. tell your nominees about the award via their blog or social media.
So, here are a few random bits about me:
- I drove the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile after college.
- I hate most desserts, especially pie.
- I love watching sports, thought not necessarily playing them. I’m a big fan of football, hockey and college basketball.
- I am constantly dancing, whether it’s in the car, at the dinner table or at my desk.
- I always need music in the background (which explains #4). If it’s quiet, I get nervous.
- I have worked with social services agencies, particularly in mental health and substance abuse treatment, since 2004.
- My favorite television show is Deadliest Catch.
And here are the blogs I am nominating, along with a few quick reasons why (though you should just visit the blogs and judge for yourself):
- Sellabit Mum – super funny, with great photos
- Dare 2 Dream Dare 2 Do – all kinds of really great content related to parenting, doing good, etc.
- being RUDRI– extremely well written, makes you think about life
- MauiShopGirl – gorgeous photos, awesome design posts
- Garden Eats – learn about organic kitchen gardening, get inspired by the photos
I guess it’s time to tell them about the award now. Thanks to all the blogs mentioned for entertaining and inspiring me!
(Note: Check out my Versatile Blogger Award post for more blog recommendations.)