Looking back at my posts for Thanksgiving over the past couple of years, I’ve written about the things I am thankful for.
Makes sense, being Thanksgiving and all.
But I’m realizing more and more that it’s important to remind myself what I’m thankful for each day. (The Smile Epidemic experience is a perfect example.)
At a recent workshop, Bambi Thompson had participants take a few moments to write down the things we are grateful for. She encouraged us to count our blessing each day to develop a successful mindset. She gave us the prompt I am truly blessed to have _____ because ______.
Here’s what I wrote:
- I am truly blessed to have my husband because he gets me.
- I am truly blessed to have my children because they complete me.
- I am truly blessed to have my own business because I get to practice my passion my way.
- I am truly blessed to have my ability to write because it is my creative outlet.
- I am truly blessed to have my attitude because it gets me where I need to go.
- I am truly blessed to have my energy because it keeps me going.
I am truly blessed. And thankful for who I am, the people that are around me, and where I am in life right now. I hope you are too.
Don’t forget to remind yourself every now and then for what you are truly thankful for. Even when it’s not Thanksgiving.
How would you fill in the prompt: I am truly blessed to have _____ because ______?
Oh, and thank you for reading my blog. I don’t know what I’d do without my blog readers!