Music has always been an important part of my life. There are certain melodies and lyrics that paint a picture of times past, both good and bad, each time I hear them.
I think we all have a soundtrack that illustrates our life. That soundtrack is a constant work in progress, but it’s there. Sometimes it’s upbeat and sometimes it’s blue. It might make you dance one day and cry your eyes out on another.
I’ve been listening to a certain playlist lately. I put it together during a week that had some interesting events occur. While I can’t go into detail, there were some extreme high notes and some deeply disturbing low notes, though I didn’t know it at the time.
Mostly, I was pretty content when I put this collection of music together. I needed music that inspired me and made me happy. Music that moved me, physically and emotionally. Some of the songs were requested by my son, G. Some Biz screams at the top of his lungs to. Some I just liked. Most of them make me want to sing or dance. All of them have a story attached to them that is unique to me.
I called this playlist, Goodness. It seemed appropriate at the time. Now almost two and a half months later, it’s a playlist I go back to over and over again. It makes me feel happy and strong and hopeful for the future. With everything that’s going on in my life right now, music (along with my support system) helps keep me grounded.
Today, I thought I’d share with you my Goodness playlist. I think it’s time to add some additional songs to it and wonder if you might have some suggestions for me. What songs inspire you? What songs make you dance? I’d love to hear what you are listening to!
- Invisible (RED) ~ U2
- Lights ~ Ellie Goulding
- Happy ~ Pharrell Williams
- Wake Me Up ~ Avicii
- It’s Nice to Be Alive ~ Ball Park Music
- My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) ~ Fall Out Boy
- Some Nights (intro) ~ Fun.
- Some Nights ~ Fun.
- Somebody That I Used to Know ~ Gotye
- On Top of the World ~ Imagine Dragons
- Royals ~ Lorde
- Can’t Hold Us (featuring Ray Dalton) ~ Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Good Ol’ Fashion Nightmare ~ Matt & Kim
- Sweater Weather ~ The Neighbourhood
- This Too Shall Pass ~ OK Go
- Ride to California ~ Paper Tongues
- Trinity ~ Paper Tongues
- Little Lover’s So Polite ~ Silversun Pickups
- Panic Switch ~ Silversun Pickups
- Dynamite ~ Taio Cruz
- Up in the Air ~ Thirty Seconds to Mars
- Stars (Hold On) ~ Youngblood Hawke
What songs make up the soundtrack of your life right now?