Disclosure: I received a RAVPower 5600mAh external battery charger to aid in the writing of this post. As per usual, all words and opinions expressed are my own.
RAVPower specializes in high quality external batteries that allow users to charge their smartphones and tablets on the go.
I had the opportunity to test out a 5600mAh external battery charger. As Randy from RAVPower noted in an email, “it’s a handy charger that allows you to charge your iPhone twice or more.”
I wish I had received my RAVPower a week earlier so I could have taken it with me on my long road trip from Maine to Syracuse, New York. During the trip we had chargers for our phones, tablets and my laptop. We utilized every adapter in my Ford Explorer during that trip. Once we got to the hotel room, I took up almost all of the outlets to ensure all of our devices were juiced when we next needed them. (What can I say. We are a technology-driven family.)
If you relate to wandering around the airport looking for an open outlet to charge your dying phone before a connecting flight or arriving to a breakout session at a conference early so you can get the “good seats” by the outlets or power strips (if it’s a good conference), you’ll understand the convenience of having a portable charger.
While I didn’t get the full experience of using the charger on the go, here’s what I liked about the RAVPower 5600mAh external battery charger in everyday life:
- It was easy to use straight from the box. While you will need to connect the external battery to a mini AC adapter, PC USB port (I connected mine to my iMac) or car charger USB port device to charge the charger every now and then, it came fully charged and ready to be used. I glanced at the product diagram (above) and directions and was good to go.
- Both my husband and I can use the same charger, despite the fact that I have an iPhone and he has an Android phone. Not at the same time, of course, but we could switch phones easily using the appropriate USB connectors for our phones.
- You can easily use your device while charging it. The obvious feature for this product, besides making charging easy on the go, is that you don’t have to be connected to an outlet while charging. Because sometimes we need to use our device while we charge!
- The power bank will actually detect when your device is fully charged and go into saving mode to avoid overcharging. I like this feature because I’ll leave my phone or tablet to charge and totally forget about it. According to RAVPower, the “high capacity of 5600 mAh can triple the battery life for your mobile device.”
- The adapter can also be used as a flashlight. I didn’t have a use for this, but I can see the feature being handy in a pinch, particularly while camping.
- A “bonus flannel bag” is included to carry your external charger. Not a deal breaker for me, but it’s handy to have a pouch to hold the power bank, particularly when I’m stuffing many cables and connectors into a bag for a trip.
You can read more about or purchase this RAVPower external battery charger on Amazon.
As a special bonus for another jennifer readers, Randy at RAVPower offered a 5600mAh external battery charger as a giveaway!
a Rafflecopter giveaway