Well, it’s January 3rd. I guess it’s time to write the post about what I want to accomplish in 2012.
Like last year, I’m going to make some goals for the year to come. I’m not a fan of resolutions.
Unlike last year, I’m going to keep things simple for 2012. Reviewing my goals from 2011 made me realize that most were more ongoing learning processes than specific, attainable objectives. I’ll explore things like living more philanthropically, taking time for myself and eating more bacon in blog posts throughout the year. No real need to add them to a list of goals.
So, here are 5 simple goals I’m setting for myself in 2012:
- Re-design this website It’s time to take my blog and business to the next level.
- Start publishing a regular newsletter I have a few ideas in mind that involve writing / blogging tips, time management tricks, inspiration and motivation for people and businesses who utilize new media.
- Contribute regularly to other publications Excluding this blog, a lot of what I write is behind the scenes. I’d like to have a few publications, online or in print, that I contribute to on a regular basis, with my name on it.
- Attend and participate in BlogHer ’12 At some point last year, I told myself I wanted to attend BlogHer ’12. It’s in New York this year and will more than likely turn into a mini vacation with the kiddos and husband in tow. I say participate because I’d love to do more than just attend. We shall see.
- Pursue speaking opportunities Since starting my business in July of 2011, I had the opportunity to present a few times locally, regionally and even nationally (even if it was fairly small) on the topics of social media and creating business websites. I had fun and would like to see if I can do more speaking and / or trainings.
There they are. Simple. Straightforward. Attainable with a little work. Funny how things change once you become an entrepreneur.
Oh yeah, I also promise not to do anything on this list (except for #2).
What goals have you made for yourself (or your business) this year?