Since Simple Giving’s pub date on October 27th, I’ve spend a lot of time talking about the book with people all over the country. As a new author, I feel incredibly fortunate to have received so much attention. I mean, I was a guest on Jenny McCarthy’s Dirty, Sexy, Funny show! How did that happen?
I believe it is because the concept of keeping simple ways to give every day top of mind is a something many people are ready to embrace right now.
I’ve been compiling a list of the articles, book reviews and interviews I’ve done and wanted to share it here (or at least the ones I have links to!). This blog and this Philanthropy Friday series, in particular, really inspired me to write more about philanthropy and the concept of simple giving. I hope you will take a moment to click on a link or two to find out more about the book and what simple giving really is all about.
And if you feel so inclined, the book also makes a great gift!
Here’s what I’ve been up to the past couple of months:
- Conscious Talk ~ Radio interview with Brenda Michaels and Rob Spears (ConsciousTalk.net, December 2, 2015)
- 6 Simple Ways to Teach Your Kids to Give on #GivingTuesday & Throughout the Year ~ Article by Leticia Barr on Tech Savvy Mama (TechSavvyMama.com, December 1, 2015)
- 4 Ways to Give on Giving Tuesday ~ Blog post on Tarcher / Penguin (TarcherBooks.net, December 1, 2015)
- Simple Giving: 5 Ways to Start Shopping More Consciously ~ Guest article in New Consciousness Review magazine (NCreview.com, Winter 2015)
- Seven Simple Ways to Fight the Holiday Blues ~Advice on finding holiday spirit with little gifts of kindness on Psychology Today (PsychologyToday.com, November 25, 2015)
- Physics of the Soul, Resilience and Giving ~ Radio interview on Rising Stars with Miriam Knight on OMTimes Radio (OmTimes.com/iom/shows/new-consciousness-review, November 25, 2015)
- Simple Giving: Easy Ways To Give Every Day, Jennifer Iacovelli ~ book review ~Book review by Andrea Bates on Good Girl Gone Redneck (GoodGirlGoneRedneck.com, November 17, 2015)
- 5 Easy Ways to Give as a Family This Holiday Season ~ Guest article on Brightly (ReadBrightly.com, November 6, 2015)
- The Season of Giving: 30+ Ways to Give Back ~ 30+ ideas to give back during the holidays on Parade (Parade.com, November 6, 2015)
- Charity Do’s and Don’ts ~ Advice on things to keep in mind when you give to charity on Parade (Parade.com, November 6, 2015)
- Simple Giving Book: How You Can Give Every Day ~ Book review by Jennifer Wagner on Connect with your Teens through Pop Culture and Technology (ConnectWithYourTeens.net, November 3, 2015)
- 19 Expert Parenting Tips Every Parent Needs ~ Parenting tip (#9) on how to raise generous kids on Buzzfeed Life (Buzzfeed.com, October 31, 2015)
- Shopping consciously: putting your wallet toward your values ~ Book review by Bev Feldman on Linkouture (Linkouture.com, October 30, 2015)
- Drive-Thrus & Other Acts of Love. ~ Book review by Tamara Bowman on Tamara Like Camera (TamaraCamaraBlog.com, October 30, 2015)
- 6 Simple Ways to Incorporate Giving Into Everyday Life ~ Guest article on Maria Shriver (MariaShriver.com, October 28, 2015)
- Simple Giving by Jennifer Iacovelli ~ Book review by Nicole Morgan on Sisters From Another Mister (SistersFromAnotherMister.com, October 28, 2015)
- Simple Giving: This Book Will Change Your Life ~ Book review by Kait Ryan on Surf and Sunshine (SurfAndSunshine.com, October 28, 2015)
- Book Review: “Simple Giving: Easy Ways to Give Every Day” ~ Book review by Nicole Melancon on ThirdEyeMom (ThirdEyeMom.com, October 27, 2015)
- #SimpleGiving with 20 Everyday Acts of Kindness for All Kids ~ Book review by Janine Huldie on Confessions of a Mommyaholic (JanineHuldie.com, October 27, 2015)
- “Simple Giving”: A Purposeful Purchase ~ Book review by Christine Carter on The Mom Cafe (TheMomCafe.com, October 27, 2015)
- Simple Giving is The Best Gift Book This Season ~ Book review by Elizabeth Atalay on Documama (Documama.com, October 27, 2015)
- Simple Giving – Simple Ways for you to make a BIG impact! #SimpleGiving ~ Book review by Alexa Bigwarfe on No Holding Back (katbiggie.com, October 27 2015)
- Healing through Simple Giving #SimpleGiving ~ Book review on Sunshine After the Storm (SunshineAfterTheStorm.us, October 27, 2015)
- Simple Giving: Easy Ways to Give Every Day | Book Review #simplegiving ~ Book review by Michelle Greer on Heartfelt Balance Handmade Life (HeartfeltBalanceHandmadeLife.com, October 27, 2015)
- Simple Giving by Jennifer Iacovelli – Review ~ Book review by Jessica DuBois on The Fit Spirit (TheFitSpirit.com, October 27, 2015)
- Giving Made Simple ~ Book excerpt on Books for Better Living (BooksForBetterLiving.com, October 27, 2015)
- Simple Giving: Easy Ways to Give Every Day ~ Book excerpt on DailyOM (DailyOM.com, October 27, 2015)
- 13 Simple and Easy Ways to Give Everyday ~ Blog post on Tarcher / Penguin (TarcherBooks.net, October 27, 2015)
- Simple Giving ~ Book review by Ilene Evans on Hippie Chick Granola Co. blog (Hippie-ChickGranola.com, October 26, 2015)
- Simple Giving ~ Book review by Lisa Van Engen on About Proximity (LisaVanEngen.com, October 26, 2015)
- Book 392: Simple Giving – Jennifer Iacovelli ~ Book review by Geoff Whaley on The Oddness of Moving Things (GeoffWhaley.com, October 23, 2015)
- Giving Doesn’t Have To Be A Seasonal Thing, Says Author ~ Short article by Cheyenne Lentz and radio interview on The Larry Meiller Show (WPR.org, October 22, 2015)
- Nonfiction: Rick Bragg & the South, Philosophy, Philanthropy & Giving, Lists | Xpress Reviews ~ Library Journal Book Review (Reviews.LibraryJournal.com, October 22, 2015)
- The Road To Happiness Begins With Giving ~ Article by Janice Holly Booth on Life Reimagined (LifeReimagined.aarp.org, September 3, 2015)
- SIMPLE GIVING: 4 Smart and Ethical Shopping Habits You’ll Want to Keep ~ Article by Madeline Grigg on Tarcher / Penguin (TarcherBooks.net, August 6, 2015)
Each Friday, the another jennifer blog shares stories of those who incorporate philanthropy into their everyday lives – personally and professionally – in a creative and unique way. If you have a story you’d like to share, please contact Jennifer.