College basketball. Squeaky shoes. Cinderella stories.
I love it all.
It gets me through the busiest time of tax season.
I love everything about college basketball. The competition. The sheer grit and determination of college athletes fighting to play another day. The fact that a no-name college can beat a big name university and create utter chaos and instant fans while breaking brackets in the final minutes of a game.
There is nothing like the excitement of an NCAA basketball game in March. Nothing.
So, in honor of all that is March Madness, I’m joining Mama Kat and MomPulse and vlogging about my alma mater, Syracuse University, and getting you all excited with some sweet basketball-like tricks. (It’s been snowing here in Maine, so we had to improvise.)
As a bonus to you, I will also share my sons’ picks for the tournament. You still have time to fill in those brackets.
You’re welcome, in advance.
- Final Four: Cincinnati (because he likes saying it), Iona (who says a 15 seed can’t make it to the Final Four?), Georgetown (because, as Syracuse fans, we hate the Hoyas and Biz is 4 and disagreeable) and Butler (because it has the word “butt” in it),
- Championship Game: Iona vs. Georgetown
- Champion: Georgetown (He’s been informed that we won’t be paying for his college education. Too harsh?)
- Final Four: Louisville, Iowa State, Florida and Syracuse
- Championship Game: Louisville vs. Syracuse (a rematch of the Big East Championship)
- Champion: Louisville (He’s not stupid. He’s not picking Syracuse and jinxing us.)
Who do you like in the NCAA tournament?