Last year, I blogged about Christmas music memories. The post highlighted my favorite Christmas music and the memories they bring up when I listen. It was a decent post. It was even featured on BlogHer!
The problem, you see, is that the playlist is just not long enough. They are my absolute favorites, yes, but it seems like the Christmas mix is over way too quickly. I’d like to build my awesome Christmas music mix so that I can just leave it on in the background during the holidays without having to repeat it a million times.
So, I ask for your help. What would you add to this list?
- “Don’t Shoot Me Santa” ~ The Killers
- “Christmas Wrapping” ~ The Waitresses
- “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” ~ U2
- “Father Christmas” ~ The Kinks
- “Last Christmas” ~ Wham!
- “Happy Xmas (War is Over)” ~ John Lennon
- “Frosty the Snowman” ~ Ella Fitzgerald
- “Jingle Bells” ~ Frank Sinatra
- “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” ~ Dean Martin
- “Christmas Time is Here” ~ Barry Gordon (from Peanuts)
- “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” ~ Bruce Springsteen
- “Santa Baby” ~ Eartha Kitt
- “I Believe in Father Christmas” ~ Greg Lake
- “Donde Esta Santa Claus?” ~ Guster
- “I Saw Three Ships” ~ Sting
Keep in mind, much like pie, I don’t like country music. Sorry. I just don’t. I like songs that are classic, rocking and maybe just a little off.
Got some suggestions? What’s your favorite Christmas music?
Photo Credit: CHRISTMAS DECORATION © Irochka | Dreamstime.com