what this blog is all about + random info about jennifer
Chances are, if you were born in the 70s, you know a bunch of people named Jennifer. According to Wikipedia, Jennifer was the single most popular name for American girls from 1970 to 1984. If you’re a Jennifer, you’re probably used to being defined by the first letter in your last name. (I was Jen I for years. I am now Jen B.)
So, here I am, another Jennifer writing another blog. (I have no doubt there are many other Jennifers with blogs.) Though I am a marketing communications professional, I’m not always interested in writing about marketing. My blog is more of a creative outlet for my writing, my thoughts and ideas. I tend to write most about parenting, philanthropy, art, music, being a lefty and other random observations. I also love bacon and infographics, in case you were wondering.
A few disclosures: Since this blog is part of the BlogHer Publishing Network, you’ll see advertising on my sidebar. I (sometimes) make money off of this advertising. From time to time, I may also write a blog post where I receive some sort of compensation. I will always disclose this information and assure you that I only write about topics that are complementary to this website. You may also click on some affiliate links, where I may make a small commission.
Looking for more? Here are 10 random things about me:
- I am really good at multi-tasking.
- I am inspired by bold colors and bold statements.
- I am drawn to people with strong convictions. Even if I don’t agree with them, I love that they have them.
- I love vintage advertising and mid-century modern design.
- I was a metalhead in junior high / high school. I stayed up late on Saturday nights to watch the Headbangers Ball in my parents’ basement.
- I love going to concerts. I’ve seen the Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Elton John, Tina Turner, Tom Petty, Neil Young, The Scorpions, Van Halen, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi (multiple times), George Michael (multiple times), Skid Row, Guster (you can see me in their DVD briefly), Counting Crows, Rob Zombie, Sting (at the Royal Albert Hall in London), Breaking Benjamin, to name just a few random shows. My first concert was Tiffany when I was 12. (Yes, I just admitted that.)
- My first job after college was as a hotdogger for Oscar Mayer. I drove the Oscar Mayer weinermobile from Madison, Wisconsin to Memphis, TN and back auditioning kids to be in the next TV commercial at baseball parks, zoos and military bases. I can’t wait to tell my kids all my stories about that summer. (I don’t think they quite believe me yet.)
- I have the best husband in the world. He is my best friend, and he’s the best dad. He cooks, does the grocery shopping and truly understands me. What else could I ever ask for?
- I have two beautiful sons who I am more proud of than I could ever explain.
- I don’t like pie. I’m sorry. I just don’t.